Sister tattoos are a promise that can’t be broken or diminished. There is nothing more beautiful than the love between sisters. Through history, sisters have always held special bonds. As we age, we might see our family less and less, but when ‘the going gets tough,’ sisters are there for you when we need them most. Here is a famous poem about sisters:
“For there is no friend like a sister
In calm or stormy weather;
To cheer one on the tedious way,
To fetch one if one goes astray,
To lift one if one totters down,
To strengthen whilst one stands”
― Christina Rossetti,Goblin Market and Other Poems
- 1 1. Big sister and little sister finger tattoos
- 2 2. Sisters with 2 hearts wrist tattoos
- 3 3. Small and simple heart sister tattoos
- 4 4. Life line sister tattoos
- 5 5. Heart and lifeline sister tattoos
- 6 6. Quote
- 7 7. Sister wrist tattoos
- 8 8. Ying Yang, sun and moon feet tattoo
- 8.1 9. Sister wrist tattoo
- 8.2 10. Chinese characters for elder and younger sister
- 8.3 11. Feet sister tattoos
- 8.4 12. Heart and infinity knot matching tattoos for sisters
- 8.5 13. Sisters
- 8.6 14. Small sister tattoos
- 8.7 15. Matching quote tattoo
- 8.8 16. Sisters tattoo on feet
- 8.9 17. Sisterly quote
- 8.10 18. Sisters with infinity knot
- 8.11 19. Siempre contigo
- 8.12 20. Sparrow tattoos for 2 sisters
- 8.13 21. Sisterly quote
- 8.14 22. Matching elephant tattoos
- 8.15 23. Sisters tattoo
- 8.16 24. Sister Tattoos
- 8.17 25. Ohana sister tattoos
- 8.18 26. Russian doll tattoos
- 8.19 27. Twin sisters tattoo
- 8.20 28. Sisters wrist tattoos
- 8.21 29. I’m guessing these sisters’ names starts with an M?
- 8.22 30. Big Sissy and Little Sissy tattoos
- 8.23 31. Sun and moon
- 8.24 32. Black and white ink sister tattoos
- 8.25 33. 3D feather tattoos
- 8.26 34. Sisters and feather wrist tattoos.
- 8.27 35. Sorella “sister” tatttoos
- 8.28 36. Sisterly quotes
- 8.29 37. Ambigram sister tattoos
- 8.30 38. Lemniscate and names
- 8.31 39. “Sisters are forever”
- 8.32 40. Greek word
- 8.33 41. Arrows and initials
- 8.34 42. Hebrew script
- 8.35 43. Shooting stars
- 8.36 44. Infinity/lemniscate symbol
- 8.37 45. Celtic knots
This post is especially composed for sisters out there who want to get a tattoo together.
Sisterhood is a strong bond and although I don’t have a sister myself but have 5 brothers, my best friends are like my soul sisters.
Some sisters to prove their love and fondness of each other, get an identical but symbolic tattoos. . You and your sister may be miles apart and living different busy lives, but whenever you get to take a look at a tattoo you got together, she will always be the person that will come in mind.
Our 45 sister tattoos are symbolic, personal and special that you can take ideas and inspirations from.
1. Big sister and little sister finger tattoos
A simple tattoo that is not easily visible.
2. Sisters with 2 hearts wrist tattoos
2 hearts, 1 blood = sisters
3. Small and simple heart sister tattoos
They both decided to get a mysterious yet very plain tattoos that represents their love for each other as sisters.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
4. Life line sister tattoos
I like this one and I think it’s cute, a lifeline with heart , big and lil sister tattoos.
5. Heart and lifeline sister tattoos
It’s nice that all 3 sisters decided to get the same tattoo.
A quote is also a good idea for sisters. One can have the other half of the sentence and vice versa. I also like this tattoo because it is honest and real.
7. Sister wrist tattoos
I’m loving the font of this tattoo
8. Ying Yang, sun and moon feet tattoo
This is a good idea for 2 sisters out there with entirely different characters and attitudes. The yin yang and sun and moon means 2 of entirely different but the same things. Get it?
9. Sister wrist tattoo
You will be seeing quite a lot of these sisters tattoo with a heart but in different designs.
10. Chinese characters for elder and younger sister
Here’s another variety for sister tattoos, you can have it in different language or characters.
11. Feet sister tattoos
I’ve always loved this Alanis Morissette lyrics. This not just for couple or best friend tattoos, it’s also for sisters, the person who actually knows the real you inside.
12. Heart and infinity knot matching tattoos for sisters
You and your sister can use symbols for a matching tattoo together. The design is very simple yet very meaningful.
13. Sisters <3
14. Small sister tattoos
This one is similar to no. 12 but it is smaller and the lines didn’t break.
15. Matching quote tattoo
For sisters who live miles apart, this would be a perfect quote.
16. Sisters tattoo on feet
you can try different fonts to perk this tattoo up and even different colors.
17. Sisterly quote
You don’t have to be sisters by blood, but by heart.
18. Sisters with infinity knot
I like this one very much.
19. Siempre contigo
Siempre contigo is Spanish for the words “Always with you”, as what sisters should be.
20. Sparrow tattoos for 2 sisters
Sparrow tattoos are cute and lovely.
21. Sisterly quote
Here’s another example of a sisterly quote, where one sister gets the other half of the quote and the sister gets the other.
22. Matching elephant tattoos
I am jealous of these sisters. Elephants are such adorable creatures.
23. Sisters tattoo
Such simplicity. I think it would be more special if you use your own handwriting on your sister and vice versa.
Another way to get a sister tattoo is to choose from a collection of the best sister tattoo quotes.
24. Sister Tattoos
I’m sure everybody knows this childhood song, and it’s a sweet song for sisters.
25. Ohana sister tattoos
Ohana is a Hawaiian word which means family. I learned that from the movie Lilo and Stitch.
26. Russian doll tattoos
Good for big sis and lil sis tattoos, and if there are more than 2 sisters, the tattoo can get smaller and smaller. Really fun idea!
27. Twin sisters tattoo
The anchor is great idea for these twins’ tattoos.
28. Sisters wrist tattoos
29. I’m guessing these sisters’ names starts with an M?
30. Big Sissy and Little Sissy tattoos
Different spots but same part.
31. Sun and moon
A sun and moon tattoos are perfect for sisters. The sun and moon tattoo meaning is also quite similar to yin and yang. If you and your sister are exact opposites but work in harmony, then this is perfect for you two.
32. Black and white ink sister tattoos
33. 3D feather tattoos
Same tattoos, different placements.
34. Sisters and feather wrist tattoos.
The wrist is quite a common spot for sister tattoos. It is visible and you get to think of your sister more often because your tattoo will remind you of them.
35. Sorella “sister” tatttoos
Sorella is an Italian term for sisters. I like how these sisters chose different fonts for their tattoos.
36. Sisterly quotes
37. Ambigram sister tattoos
This is one smart and creative idea of getting sister tattoos. An ambigram of your names.
38. Lemniscateand names
This is also one great idea for a tattoo, but ask your tattoo artist to improve it.
39. “Sisters are forever”
40. Greek word
“Philia” which is the Greek word for “sisterly or brotherly love”
41. Arrows and initials
42. Hebrew script
This means “sisterhood”.
43. Shooting stars
If you and your sister have a common favorite thing, you can use that as a matching sister tattoos.
44. Infinity/lemniscate symbol
The short note is a good reminder to one’s self .
45. Celtic knots
This is also referred to as mystic knot, it has quite the same sentiments with the infinity symbol.
Sister tattoos will help strengthen your sisterly bond. You don’t have to be sisters by blood, you can also be sisters by heart to get the sister tattoos. We also have 88 Best Friend Tattoos in case you would also like to get other ideas for your sister tattoos. The “sister” as a word is quite common for sister tattoos, but if you want to be unique and creative, you can get an ambigram, or a significant symbol or thing and get matching tattoos. If you like quotes, you can get a short one for each other, and if it’s a long each one of you will get each halves.