Army tattoos to show your respect for those who serve, those who served, and those who will serve one day. These are badass tattoos, soldier. War never changes, says a popular video game series. Army tattoos are a very cool way to pay respects to the people that fight in said wars and also the people that stays home waiting patiently for them.
American people love this kind of tattoos because they usually are very proud of their military. No wonder why most army tattoos you’ll find online are American themed.
This is another trend that needs to be taken with respect, as many of the tattoos are in memory of people that have fallen in the fight for freedom.
Most of Army tattoos will have very clear elements that are easy to identify, such as helmets, sometimes skulls, grenades and more. Some have quotes about bravery and memory.
There aren’t a lot of variations among army tattoos, they are in a big picture of serious character and respect.
So if you are proud of your troops, you support them , or you are just a fan of military art, check some of this designs. You might find something that catches your eye.
- 1 BEST ARMY TATTOOS:
- 1.1 1. U.S Army Tattoo on Girl’s Back
- 1.2 2. Firearm and Helmet Army Tattoo
- 1.3 3. American Bald Eagle Army Tattoo
- 1.4 4. Plain American Flag Tattoo on Arm
- 1.5 5. American Flag and Skulls Army Tattoo
- 1.6 6. Military Woman and Military Salute
- 1.7 7. Ripped Skin and American Flag Army Tattoo
- 1.8 8. Death Before Dishonor Army Tattoo
- 1.9 9. Ripped Skin Showing American Flag and Eagle
- 1.10 10. Soldier Equipment over Arm
- 1.11 11. Flag over Soldier Silhouette Army Tattoo
- 1.12 12. Roses and Dog Tag Army Tattoo
- 1.13 13. Bent Flag and Dog Tag
- 1.14 14. Airborne Army Tattoo
- 1.15 15. American Coat of Arms Army Tattoo
- 1.16 16. Traditional Army Tattoo
- 1.17 17. Bombs Away Traditional Army Tattoo
- 1.18 18. Grenade on Leg Army Tattoo
- 1.19 19. My Life – Your Freedom
- 1.20 20. Military Star Tattoo
- 1.21 21. Lest We Forget Army Tattoo
- 1.22 22. Camo Army Tattoo
- 1.23 23. Freedom all over the World Army Tattoo
- 1.24 24. Hyper Realistic Army Tattoo
- 1.25 25. Ripped Skin and Flag on Female Wearer
- 1.26 26. Black and White American Flag
- 1.27 27. Soldier and Military Values
- 1.28 28. Tiny Tank Wrist Army Tattoo
- 1.29 29. Eagle Feathers and Dog Tag Army Tattoo
- 1.30 30. War Scene on Full Sleeve Army Tattoo
- 1.31 31. Traditional Bombs Army Tattoo
- 1.32 32. Military Rank and Skull
- 1.33 33. Military Uniform Replica
- 1.34 34. Realistic Soldier Tattoo
- 1.35 35. Soldier Skull on Hand
- 1.36 36. It’s all for Peace Army Tattoo
- 1.37 37. Traditional Nurse and Soldier Army Tattoo
- 1.38 38. Shooting Tank Army Tattoo
- 1.39 39. Angry Bomb Army Tattoo
- 1.40 40. Can’t Forgive. Won’t Forget
- 2 CLICK HERE FOR MORE PATRIOTIC TATTOOS
BEST ARMY TATTOOS:
1. U.S Army Tattoo on Girl’s Back
“US Army tattoo: Come to fight, trained to kill, Prepared to die, but never will.” Those are the words in this tattoo that also has an American Flag as a complement, another element usually found in army tattoos.
2. Firearm and Helmet Army Tattoo
When a soldier falls during combat, sometimes their brothers take their gun and put it on the ground as a symbol similar to a cross. This tattoo resembles how the death of someone brings new life that can only exist thanks to their sacrifice.
3. American Bald Eagle Army Tattoo
American bald eagle is also a very commons symbol and element of army tattoos, it is a very important element of American National spirit too. This tattoo has a very traditional style and depicts the American bald eagle with a shield of arms and some roses under it.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
4. Plain American Flag Tattoo on Arm
Although not necessarily showing much army or military elements, every tattoo that enlightens the American Spirit can be considered an army tattoo, since it is withing the same ideals of national pride and honor.
5. American Flag and Skulls Army Tattoo
Similar to the last example, in this case the skulls bring out an element of death and memory of the fallen.
6. Military Woman and Military Salute
This is some very deep shit. In this tattoo we can see a whole war scene where a military woman is saluting down to a battlefield over a skull.
7. Ripped Skin and American Flag Army Tattoo
Ripped skin is actually another popular trend in tattoos, and specially in army ones, since it symbolizes how, beneath their skin, you can find the identity that brings them all together: being American.
8. Death Before Dishonor Army Tattoo
This quote is usually found in military tattoos. Its meaning is quite clear, the presentation is the only thing that changes from tattoo and tattoo.
9. Ripped Skin Showing American Flag and Eagle
This is a textbook army tattoo: it has the ripped skin, the flag and the bald eagle; the last two elements being very important for American Militia and Honor.
10. Soldier Equipment over Arm
This one is similar to the one we saw a little earlier, although this one does not necessarily show or means that the soldier has fallen. Actually, it can mean that its just the equipment there, ready to be taken and put on the soldier.
11. Flag over Soldier Silhouette Army Tattoo
This is another interesting design. In this case, we can only see the silhouette of the soldier over a ragged flag. This design is placed on the leg.
12. Roses and Dog Tag Army Tattoo
This is a little more artistic and has another element of army tattoos: the dog tag. Dog Tags on their own make a very subtle army tattoo.
13. Bent Flag and Dog Tag
This tattoo of a bent flag and a dog tag symbolizes the death of a soldier. During the funeral of a soldier, they place a flag over their casket. At the end of the funeral, the flag is bent and given to the soldier’s family.
14. Airborne Army Tattoo
Since Band of Brothers, we’ve all been very close to the struggles of the Ariborne. This tattoo is a gigantic tribute to those who gave their lives on this branch of the American Militia.
15. American Coat of Arms Army Tattoo
This is similar to one that we saw earlier but with a more realistic aesthetics.
16. Traditional Army Tattoo
Two guns crossed and the date show that this tattoo is honoring the fight for American Independence. The true and original fight for freedom.
17. Bombs Away Traditional Army Tattoo
With a traditional aesthetics and army theme, we usually see tattoos like this, a more caricature like aesthetic of a bomb.
18. Grenade on Leg Army Tattoo
This one on its own can be just a grenade tattoo and not necessarily related to army tattoos, but since is a war element it can also be considered under the umbrella of this trend.
19. My Life – Your Freedom
This is a very strong message of how some people sacrifice their life to keep America safe and free.
20. Military Star Tattoo
This star symbolizes a high rank among military hierarchy.
21. Lest We Forget Army Tattoo
“Lest we forget” is a quote usually found in memorials and war related art and monuments. Specially army tattoos can be a common place for this phrase.
22. Camo Army Tattoo
Very self-explanatory tattoo that uses military camouflage art and another elements of militia art.
23. Freedom all over the World Army Tattoo
This tattoo, although lacking a little skill, is very meaningful in the army tattoos theme, since it means how the fight that American soldiers carry is helping the whole world.
24. Hyper Realistic Army Tattoo
This is a very detailed tattoo made by a very skilled artist. It shows a military chopper in combat.
25. Ripped Skin and Flag on Female Wearer
Just an example of how this type of military tattoo would look on a woman
26. Black and White American Flag
This is a very cool take on the American Flag army tattoo. It looks like it has seen some hard stuff going through the years.
27. Soldier and Military Values
The military values are also a very important element, maybe more implicit that actually visual, of an army tattoo.
28. Tiny Tank Wrist Army Tattoo
Tanks are not as much present as other elements but they have their place among army tattoos. This is a very small one on the wrist.
29. Eagle Feathers and Dog Tag Army Tattoo
According to our source, this tattoo belongs to an army wife, a group of brave spouses that go through this process very differently that the rest of us. Eagle feathers symbolize the honor and bravery of the soldier.
30. War Scene on Full Sleeve Army Tattoo
This is an amazing piece of art taking over of the whole arm.
31. Traditional Bombs Army Tattoo
As we mentioned, bombs usually are presented in a more traditional aesthetics.
32. Military Rank and Skull
The military rank, in this case presented with the arrows, is covered by a skull, as a latent presence of death in every step.
33. Military Uniform Replica
This half sleeve army tattoo is a replica of a former uniform from military service.
34. Realistic Soldier Tattoo
The details and details on this tattoo are eye-popping.
35. Soldier Skull on Hand
This is a very cool hand tattoo of a skull with a helmet that shows its military rank.
36. It’s all for Peace Army Tattoo
In this ironic take of the struggles of war, this tattoo shows the word “peace” on it.
37. Traditional Nurse and Soldier Army Tattoo
Love can flourish everywhere, even during war times.
38. Shooting Tank Army Tattoo
In this design we can see another tank, this time more realistic, with soldiers covering their ears.
39. Angry Bomb Army Tattoo
Once again, the bomb takes a traditional aesthetics in army tattoos, this one looks a lot like the bob-bomb on Mario games.
40. Can’t Forgive. Won’t Forget
This is an amazing and deep meaning tattoo about the 9/11 terrorist attack.
As you can see, every one of these tattoos have something in common: honor and respect for the soldiers and the Nation. Hope you found one that inspired you to celebrate your freedom.