Native American Tattoos for the peaceful warrior in all of us. HIGHLY RECOMMEND these tattoos and artists that respect and celebrate Native heritage. There are a few topics and trends in tattoos that you have to approach with respect. Native Americans Tattoos are among them. They converge a huge amount of techniques and styles, but truly well done Native American Tattoos require some background and research.
Native American people and tribes have been around for centuries, and they are not new to tattoos. Among NA groups, tattoos were a sign of past experiences, belonging to a specific tribe or war related achievements. Tattoos were also a way to heal.
On those days they didn’t have the equipment that we have today, so the process of getting a tattoo was extremely painful. Which should give you an idea of how badass these people are.
Native American Tattoos are very spiritual and usually have one or two of the following elements:
- Women (wearing NA dressing elements)
And each of these elements have different meaning. For example, eagles mean being close to the skies, honor and freedom. Longevity is expressed by the image of a turtle.
There are many different Native American tribes, so a very knowledgeable artist and person would easily identify if a Native American Tattoo is well researched and depicted. Here are some examples of very cool Native American Tattoos for you.
- 1 1. Women an Feathers Native American Tattoos
- 2 2. Traditional Style Native American Tattoos
- 3 3. Native American Woman on Outer Thigh
- 4 4. Arrows and Feathers on Side
- 5 5. Crossed Arrows Native American Tattoos
- 6 6. Arrows on Forearm Native American Tattoo
- 7 7. Teepee Native American Tattoos
- 8 8. Dreamcatcher Native American Tattoos
- 9 9. Native American Eagle Tattoo on Forearm
- 10 10. Native American Wolves Tattoos
- 11 11. Feathers on Foot
- 12 12. Tiny Native American Tattoos
- 13 13. Full Leg Native American Tattoo
- 14 14. Wrist Native American Tattoo
- 15 15. Bull Skull Native American Tattoos
- 16 16. Skull of a Warrior Native American Tattoos
- 17 17. Feminine Feather Tattoo
- 18 18. Compass Arrow Tattoo
- 19 19. Finger Native American Tattoos
- 20 20. Bear Headdress Woman Tattoo
- 21 21. Lion with Headdress Native American Tattoo
- 22 22. Native American Man and Woman on Hands
- 23 23. Neo Traditional Teepee
- 24 24. Large Native American Warrior Skull on Side
- 25 25. Woman with Headdress on Upper Back
- 26 26. Realistic Native American Tattoos
- 27 27. Single Arrow Native American Tattoo
- 28 28. Warrior Skull Full Back Tattoo
- 29 29. Eagle, Warrior and Wolf
- 30 30. Small Finger Headdress Tattoo
- 31 31. Symmetrical Arrow Back Tattoo
- 32 32. Native American Teepee Traditional Tattoo
- 33 33. Native American Warrior with Tiger Headdress
- 34 34. White Ink Native American Tattoos
- 35 35. Watercolor Headdress
- 36 36. Native American Horse Tattoo
- 37 38. Woman with Headdress and Howling Wolf Full Back Tattoo
- 38 39. Beautiful Woman with Feathers and Flowers
- 39 40. Native American Tattoos with lots of Feathers
1. Women an Feathers Native American Tattoos
We’ll see a few of these tattoos in this list, women and feathers are a common theme among Native American Tattoos.
2. Traditional Style Native American Tattoos
This is also a tattoo that shows a woman in NA dressing, but with a traditional technique and aesthetics.
3. Native American Woman on Outer Thigh
This is a heavily detailed tattoo of a Native American woman wearing face marks or her tribe, a head piece and some feathers.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
4. Arrows and Feathers on Side
Native American Tattoos usually have feathers on them. This trend also includes arrows tattoos, a common symbol and popular pick for people who want a more subtle approach.
5. Crossed Arrows Native American Tattoos
Still in the arrow trend, this design shows two arrows crossed with some nature-like designs in the back.
6. Arrows on Forearm Native American Tattoo
Still on the arrow trend for Native American Tattoos, here’s a very cool one. Three handmade looking arrows over the forearm is a very masculine and strong looking tattoo.
7. Teepee Native American Tattoos
Teepees are also among the elements of Native American tattoos, although lees common that other. In this design we see some symmetrical inspiration and dot technique that gives it another level and very contemporary look.
8. Dreamcatcher Native American Tattoos
Dreamcatchers are extremely popular, both looking for a Native American theme or just by themselves. This particular design has a lot of details.
9. Native American Eagle Tattoo on Forearm
Eagles are another element of Native American Tattoos, actually any type of bird, but since eagles fly higher they are associated with being closer to God. This is mainly the reason Eagles are so important in this culture. Of course there are many takes on the eagle tattoo, this is just one of them.
10. Native American Wolves Tattoos
Wolves symbolize intelligence and loyalty, generally speaking, in the Native American Tattoos trend. As with any animal, they get a chance to shine within the symmetric trend. This tattoo has some of both worlds, which makes a great tattoo.
11. Feathers on Foot
You should totally check out our Foot Tattoos compilation, if you like this design. Feet are very discreet places to get tattooed and the results are amazing!
12. Tiny Native American Tattoos
You can honor your heritage as a Native American in a very cute and discreet way with these tattoos.
13. Full Leg Native American Tattoo
This is an eye-popping design, and you can find that very often in Native American tattoos. This particular example covers the whole leg and has a lot of elements and details.
14. Wrist Native American Tattoo
Another way to represent Native American culture is through ornamental designs inspired by patterns of Tribes. That kind of designs work very well in places like the wrists.
15. Bull Skull Native American Tattoos
We have a whole series on bull tattoos that also include bull skulls. You should check it out! Skulls are commonly found on Native American Tattoos, since it symbolizes the soul of the beast.
16. Skull of a Warrior Native American Tattoos
As with animal skulls, human skulls are also very commonly found in these trend of tattoos, specially with a very heavy headdress and other elements. In this case, symbolizing the soul of the warrior.
17. Feminine Feather Tattoo
This is a very cute example of Native American feather, very discreet and feminine.
18. Compass Arrow Tattoo
We’ve seen a few arrows and we can clearly see how popular they are among Native American Tattoos, in these case they resemble a compass, meaning a heritage that also shows a path to be taken.
19. Finger Native American Tattoos
Earlier on this list we saw another example of finger tattoos, these particular one stands out for his minimalist and beautiful design with just shapes.
20. Bear Headdress Woman Tattoo
Bears, although less popular than other animals on the trend, can be found in Native American Tattoos. This design catches your eye with the skillfully made details of the woman’s face.
21. Lion with Headdress Native American Tattoo
Lions are rarely seen since they are not a native species of America, so you might wanna take this one carefully.
22. Native American Man and Woman on Hands
Tattoos on hands can be easily seen and should not be done on people who want to be discreet. That aside, they place a great opportunity to get dual-themed tattoos like the one above.
23. Neo Traditional Teepee
This is another example of Teepees as a regular element on Native American Tattoos. This one has a neo traditional look and is full of color, as opposed of the one we showed you earlier.
24. Large Native American Warrior Skull on Side
This is a very big and very elaborated design placed on the side of the thigh. It is also a warrior’s skull with a large head piece.
25. Woman with Headdress on Upper Back
In this tattoo, which is another example of women in Native American tattoos, we see a more subtle and colorful approach that is perfect for women.
26. Realistic Native American Tattoos
This is an amazingly well done tattoo, full of life and details and it’s clearly a different tribe that some of the tattoos we’ve seen before.
27. Single Arrow Native American Tattoo
Another cool example of arrows in native American tattoos.
28. Warrior Skull Full Back Tattoo
If you think that badass Native American Tattoos aren’t for girls, think again!
29. Eagle, Warrior and Wolf
This one is full of native American Symbolism it would take a long time just to describe it, let alone interpret it.
30. Small Finger Headdress Tattoo
Another take on a small finger Native American Tattoos, like the ones we saw earlier. This one is a little more elaborated and detailed.
31. Symmetrical Arrow Back Tattoo
This is a very subtle approach to Native American tattoos, appealing to women who want to be discreet.
32. Native American Teepee Traditional Tattoo
Definitely one of my favorites on the list!
33. Native American Warrior with Tiger Headdress
As with the lion example, take this one carefully since tiger also aren’t a native species of America.
34. White Ink Native American Tattoos
For the white ink lovers, there’s room for you on this trend!
35. Watercolor Headdress
This design is beautifully done in watercolor.
36. Native American Horse Tattoo
Horses are also very important animals within the Native American cultures. Check out our amazing list on Horse Tattoos!!
37. Native American Wolf Tattoo
This is a very original take on Native American Tattoos. Also about one of their most important spirit animals, the wolf.
38. Woman with Headdress and Howling Wolf Full Back Tattoo
Your back is a good place to get a big tattoo, it’s easier to work in and more comfortable for you while getting it done!
39. Beautiful Woman with Feathers and Flowers
Very beautiful tattoo of a Native American woman. It’s not too charged with elements but very detailed.
40. Native American Tattoos with lots of Feathers
As you may have noticed, feathers are a very important element on Native American tattoos, either placed on dreamcatchers, headdresses or by themselves.