Crow Tattoo placements, designs, artists, and WOW crow tattoos to make you super excited to get your own. Check out this collection of tattoos…Crows are poignant creatures in the Kingdom of Birds. They are smart, but they have a weakness. They like to steal shiny objects. Since they are actually able to count, they might not settle for just one item. Often mistaken with the raven, the crow is part of the Family Corvidae, which includes ravens too. Associated with the dark side, it is known for its dark feathers and overall mysterious physical appearance. A crow tattoo will not have too much color in it, so expect to see it portrayed as a bad omen.
A crow tattoo could improve its reputation or it could ruin it for good. The Bible doesn’t have to say anything good about it and the Greeks, as well as the Celts considered it a negative presence. If you think about it, it only makes sense because man is afraid of mystery, magic, intelligence and manipulative presences. The lore says that both sorcerers and witches used the crow for their spells. If you’re looking for a brighter side of the crow, you’ll find comfort knowing that Chinese and Japanese legends mention the crow as a loving and solar symbol.
Ultimately, a crow tattoo can have personalized meanings. What’s truly important is to access its mystical nature and not change your mind over other’s beliefs. Because it is a fearless creature, numerous people chose to team it up with other fearless animals in their tattoos, such as wolves. Crows look excellent tattooed on large surfaces of skin, but they are somehow cute when inked on a person’s finger. Depending on your devotion and fascination for this bird, you can go for a complex composition or a simple outline. As it follows, you’ll see 25 crow tattoo designs drawn in different styles and sizes.
- 1 25. Watching over from a finger
- 2 24. Crow using its higher perspective
- 3 23. A devoted companion
- 4 22. Leading souls through darkness
- 5 21. How crows use shape-shifting
- 6 20. Red-eyed crow tattoo posed in a painting
- 7 19. Mighty crow carries a red rose
- 8 18. The crow with a rainbow wing
- 9 17. A very dark combo
- 10 16. Fearless until the end
- 11 15. Crow Tattoo empowered by mythology
- 12 14. A communion with nature’s forces
- 13 13. Transforming and merging with nature
- 14 12. A crow getting what it wants
- 15 11. Crow Tattoo When alchemy meets destiny
- 16 10. A side body revelation
- 17 9. Crow with a rare feather hue
- 18 8. A desired and unwanted presence at once
- 19 7. A trustworthy helper: Incredible sleeve tattoos
- 20 6. Darker than dark itself
- 21 5. One crow means sorrow
- 22 4. Conventional is not the right way
- 23 3. A watercolor wonder of nature
- 24 2. The one communicating with Purgatory
- 25 1. In a place of honor
25. Watching over from a finger
This is a cute outline of a crow, fully filled with black ink. Crows watch over their surroundings from tall trees, so you can count on it to symbolically watch over you too. This particular finger tattoo fits women because it is tiny and delicate.
24. Crow using its higher perspective
23. A devoted companion
This crow tattoo was inked on a girl’s forearm, suggesting companionship. Its portrait is realistic, but it doesn’t come near its natural size. Using black and grey tones, the tattoo artist who inked this design managed to highlight its facial expression that makes me think of wisdom. As a spirit animal, the crow is devoted and is known to pass on its determination.
Limited Time Offer (click photo)
22. Leading souls through darkness
Defying the laws of physics, these birds may travel through time and different dimensions. Theoretically, they can pass from darkness to lightness with ease. They are able to lead souls through darkness, hence their association with death. This crow tattoo is a perfect representation of the hatching style, which is not met often in tattooing. The skull’s appearance is slightly modified to express the idea of not taking death too seriously.
21. How crows use shape-shifting
Pixelated tattoos are en vogue, but you’ll often match them with happy themes. In this case, I think its owner wanted to express crow’s ability to shape-shift in a very hip way. Knowing how to combine a tattooing style with a profoundly meaningful idea takes creativity, originality and experience too. The placement is also inspired because if he moves his arm up and down, it will look like the bird is flying.
20. Red-eyed crow tattoo posed in a painting
19. Mighty crow carries a red rose
18. The crow with a rainbow wing
17. A very dark combo
16. Fearless until the end
15. Crow Tattoo empowered by mythology
14. A communion with nature’s forces
13. Transforming and merging with nature
This tattoo is a work of art. You can tell the difference between a composition and a simple tattoo when you identify other elements that are not placed in a conventional way. A talented tattoo artist will use overlaps and will have the tendency to oversize or downsize various objects or, in this case, flowers, trees and crows as well.
12. A crow getting what it wants
This crow tattoo is a simple representation of this bird’s bad habit of stealing shiny objects. You can observe a heart-shaped locket stuck in its claws. We know it was caught in action because its wings are widely spread and it looks like it’s flying through its natural habitat. This tattoo is healed and a little discolored due to the time. A great back tattoo!
11. Crow Tattoo When alchemy meets destiny
10. A side body revelation
9. Crow with a rare feather hue
A crow tattoo is rarely blue, even if this bird’s feathers may carry a tint of blue. The reason why they are usually black is to express something that has not taken physical form yet. You’ll probably not see this colouring in real life.
8. A desired and unwanted presence at once
Assuming a vigilant body language, this crow tattoo makes me think of its dual nature. On one hand, it used to signal the location of animals, but on the other hand, it used to eat the seeds farmers planted for their crops. It both helps and complicates people’s life. A realistic tattoo, this one catches an honest reaction to something threatening.
7. A trustworthy helper: Incredible sleeve tattoos
6. Darker than dark itself
5. One crow means sorrow
A well-known saying states that, “One crow means sorrow, two crows mean joy, three crows a wedding, four crows a boy, five crows mean silver, six crows mean gold, seven crows a secret that’s never been told”. However, this design is nothing but empowering and carefully inked to look splattered on this man’s skin.
4. Conventional is not the right way
3. A watercolor wonder of nature
Any tattoo design should be modified according to who is going to wear it. Women are delicate creatures that act as fearless as crows sometimes. So, a way of expressing this feature is by using the watercolor technique that softens the raw and majestic appearance of a crow. The choice of colors is simply gorgeous.
2. The one communicating with Purgatory
1. In a place of honor